ASCII abbreviated from American Standard Code for Information Interchange, is a character encoding standard for electronic communication. ASCII codes represent text in computers, telecommunications equipment, and other devices.
C++ makes use of ASCII as it's character encoding. Every character has an equivalent ASCII number equivalent.
- ASCII Equivalent of @: 064
- ASCII Equivalent of A: 065
- ASCII Equivalent of a: 097
- ASCII Equivalent of 5: 053
- ASCII Equivalent of $: 036
One can download the comprehensive ASCII equivalent table from the resource given below.
Depending on the ASCII equivalent of the character entered we will classify the input character in the following categories:
- Symbol (ASCII Range: 0-47,58-64,91-69,12-127)
- Capital Alphabet (ASCII Range: 65-90)
- Small Alphabet (ASCII Range: 97-122)
- Number (ASCII Range: 48-57)